Check out our Sponsors

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

time killers

Sudoku or the Crossword Puzzle?

Yesterday's winner: Nick, you're the guy, slow and steady or fast and furious, you always win, it's just the poor poor girl you're with who's the big, unsatisfied loser. I had three responses today, you're all winners in my book.

Nick said...

I've tried slow and steady...I've tried fast and furious.

I lose either way.

So fuck the race.

August 6, 2007 10:23 PM

O-Train said...

I can't compete with Cardamone, but slow and steady is a crock of shit.

August 7, 2007 12:15 PM

Michelle said...

While my initial choice would be a "move it or lose it" approach, I also believe that patience is key and with time good things will happen. However, my cynical side (the side that usually prevails) says that it doesn't matter which approach you take to win, because in reality, we're all a bunch of losers.

August 7, 2007 3:56 PM

8 comments:

Nicole Cammorata said...

crossword puzzle. I'll take words over numbers anyday. Plus, any idiot can count to 9 over and over. But it takes real intellect to find a six-letter word for a group of geese.

Becca said...

Each has its own merits and faults. I love Sudoku, but I hate when people say, "I don't like Sudoku...I'm no good at math." No math involved, genius.
As for crossword puzzles, a lot depends on your range and depth of knowledge. I may not know the name of any politician, but I can give you seven different synonyms for "odor."
All in all, I'm going to go for crosswords, because I feel way smarter when I finish one.

Unknown said...

Sudoku... I'm a number/visual girl. But can I just say, this is lame question and so you will get a lame answer.

Anonymous said...

Crossword.

I've never played Sudoku.

O-Train said...

Fuck Sudoku. Crosswords are great at expanding your vocabulary and stimulating thought. Plus, crossword puzzles got me through several shitty classes at BU, like Chinese history and archaeology.

Well, crossword puzzles and Baileys in my coffee...

Anonymous said...

Sudoku. Crossword puzzles are full of esoteric words that I can never guess, and I'm just really fucking good at Sudoku. And let's face it, everyone is going to pick the on that they're better at.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Nicole, that would be a gaggle, and I'm DEFINITELY not an intellect. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest. I mean, I've read books like "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "Love in the Time of Cholera", and I think I've understood them. They're about girls, right? Just kidding. But I have to say my all-time favorite book is Johnny Cash's autobiography "Cash" by Johnny Cash.

Fuck the crossword, I like Sudoku.

Nicole Cammorata said...

Good job Matty! (I was being sarcastic with that questions, by the way.. ha ha) And excellent quote - you know they made a "High Fidelity" musical?