Check out our Sponsors

Sunday, August 26, 2007

beer

Best Non-domestic beer?

Yesterdays: Fuck England. I give it to Phoebs with nods to O-Train and Michelle. Nick didn't really answer the question, but he gets a quick mention for pointing out yet another area where Wops prove their superiority over wasps.

Phoebe:
Coffee, coffee, coffee.

I could go into why I personally like it, but no one wants to read that. Plus Ray wouldn't give it to me on that argument alone.

Tea is bullshit and to drink it is un-American. The revolution and birth of our country is epitomized in that little event in Boston a few years ago when pissed off poor people said "FUCK YO TEA YOU RICH MOTHA FUCKAHS" and dumped it all in the hah-bah. If you support tea, you support colonialism and tyranny and bad teeth.

So why should you drink coffee?

Because we all secretly want to be the swank Italiano/a, sipping on the world's finest espresso while zipping through the piazzas on a new Vespa, pointing at hotties, feigning interest in the scenery, and, to the awed tourists along the way, breathing out a calm "ciaoooo."

Tea or coffee?
Nay.
England or Italy?

And the only answer is a World Cup of joe.

O-Train:
Coffee. Black.

Or with whiskey. Or Baileys. Or most any other alcohol.

Michelle:
Coffee... without question. Nothing like a morning poop to start the day right. Coffee makes that possible... or at least speeds up the process. I am a total bitch without coffee and I hate everyone. I consider coffee a cheap version of Prozac without the sexual side effects.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molson. Delicious taste, partner with Coors, Hockey Night in Canada and Toronto Maple Leafs sponsor, and the Best. Beer Ad. Ever:

"I'm not a lumberjack,
or a fur trader...
and I don't live in an igloo
or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister,
not a President.
I speak English and French,
NOT American.
and I pronouce it ABOUT,
NOT A BOOT.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation,
AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
A TOQUE IS A HAT,
A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH,
AND IT IS PRONOUCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE', 'ZED'!

CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS!
THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!

MY NAME IS JOE!
AND I AM CANADIAN!"

Anonymous said...

Guinness. Better taste, great stoutness, black as hell. Watching the cascade of a pint of Guinness gets you all riled up to taste it, and then when your lips actually touch it, it doesn't disappoint in the least.

Plus, add to it that Guinness uses raw meat to add that special little bite, and you have what may be the perfect beer, period.

The only people who don't like Guinness are pussies and girls.

Becca said...

Screw you, Nick.

1) I'm a girl and I love Guinness.
2) You stole my answer.

Bitch.

O-Train said...

Guinness.

The original "meal in a can."

True story: I have a buddy in the Marines who once spent 2 days living off nothing but Guinness.

Anonymous said...

See, I was worried about this...dearest Becca, I didn't mean to imply that ALL girls don't like Guinness. I'm truly sorry I disrespected your love of God's beer, because it's not right...I respect you too damn much, Chao.

Girls who like Guinness are quite alright with me.

Becca said...

No worries, Cardamone. I'll buy you a Guinness next time we're in the same time zone.

Nicole Cammorata said...

I'm a girl as well, and I also love Guinness. My props go to the Belgium Hoegaarden though. I drank this all the time when I was in London (when I wasn't drinking Guinness.) It's a Hefeweizen with citrus undertones, close to a Blue Moon, which is why I like it. It's 4.9% alcohol by volume, not as much as a Blue Moon, but I'm still pretty much done in a beer and a half.

Unknown said...

This is an easy one for me: Michelob. Why? Because it's basically my full name: Michelle Loeb. Think about it. Cool, right? Who wants to touch me? I said WHO WANTS TO FUCKIN' TOUCH ME!?