Check out our Sponsors

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Somewhere betweeen Sappy and Schwarchenegger

What is the All-time best movie to watch with a member of the opposite sex that your interested in/significant other?

Things to consider: 1. It should be appealing to both parties. 2. I don't care if you got some during Terminator 3, it's still not going to win. 3. I don't care how much he said he liked Sweet Home Alabama...he didn't. When he stuck his face in the popcorn, he wasn't hungry, he was hoping he'd suffocate.

Yesterdays: You had me at Beta Band

Nick:
I guess this is one of those times my musical taste kinda doesn't work for me, because if I love a song, I can listen to it anytime, anywhere (thus my awesome party selections when I get ahold of the stereo)

I'm gonna go with some softer stuff in this case, a little less aggressive than I often like it. Some uplifting, some depressing.

1. The Beta Band - Dry the Rain - 'I will now sell five copies...' Fucking great song, lifts you up at the end.

2. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows - Beautiful song. Brian Wilson is the man.

3. The Beatles - For No One - may be the best heartbreak song ever written

4. Pearl Jam - Given to Fly - "a wave came crashin like a fist to the jaw/ delivered him wings, 'Hey look at me now'/Arms wide open with the sea as his floor/ Oh, power, oh ohhhh/ He's.. flying.....whole "

5. Arctic Monkeys - When the Sun Goes Down - Because I like thinking about whores once I'm done with work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with Almost Famous. (Cameron Crowe is like the king of movies that work for this, however...Say Anything would be a damn good answer too)

It's got an incredible love story, in which neither guy really gets the girl. The music is awesome, it has incredibly poignant moments.

First time I saw it, it was with a friend from home and some of her new friends like the first two weeks of my freshman year. We get out, and I was damn near choked up I loved it so much. Meanwhile, one of the other guys who was with us just said, 'that wasn't that good, just another movie about a dork.'

I mean, the fact that he's a guy, and I'm not into that, kind of precludes me from further canceling him off the list of people I'd ever want to spend time with. But if I watched that movie with a girl I was interested in (instead of with JayBruzz or Joe), and she reacted like that...it is probably the least attractive thing a girl could do.

How could anyone with a heart dislike that movie?


(On a side note and completely unrelated, has anyone seen the commercial where this evil cunt tells her guy he has to get rid of his record collection, and he in turn converts it all to MP3 form. Some bitch tells me something like that, I'm hitting her with a stack of like 20 records when she gets back, draggin her out the house and throwing all of her possessions out with her. I can't think of a more insulting notion)

O-Train said...

Love Actually.

Eight different mini-stories set against the backdrop of Christmas that all pull together into the overlying theme that "love, actually, is all around." It deals with love, heartbreak, triumph and defeat, and features a great cast and some beautiful scenes in London. And Billy Bob Thornton plays the President of the United States.


Honorable Mention: High Fidelity.
Because, it seems, that any mention of or reference to High Fidelity helps garner a win.

Nicole Cammorata said...

Okay you fuckers, considering my two other entries have been posted already (Almost Famous is my number One date movie and High Fidelity is my number two) I will make my case for number three (which is a tie): Snatch and Fight Club.

These movies are great for a date because they both have something for everyone: Girls, feel free to ogle and drool over the hotness that is Brad Pitt. Giggle when you can't understand a word he's saying (Snatch). Revel in the beautiful fight scenes. Drool over the cutlines (Fight Club). Wince at the scene when Pitt shakes the lye onto Ed Norton's hand, grabbing onto your date so he feels manly and strong (Fight Club).

Guys: they get hit a lot. And you know you wanna fuck Brad Pitt too. Wow her with your knowledge of Irish gypsies and the Russian mob (Snatch) and show her you're a thinker when you tell her, "You know, I don't usually say this, but this is better than the book." (Fight Club) Tell your date, "It's okay, you can look now," when Pitt neutralizes the burn, and look into your date's eyes, and start making out.

HOT. And that is my case for Snatch and Fight Club.

Becca said...

Miracle. If he/she doesn't like it, they're not worth dating.