Check out our Sponsors

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm a loser

What's more depressing: driving all over Long Island for two-and-a-half hours trying to find a copy of Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet or watching said movie by yourself after you've driven around forever trying to find it?

Things to Consider:
-This question is totally hypothetical and in no way based upon events that actually occurred today.
-I needed to watch it for my summer course, Shakespeare on Film.

Yesterday's winner: Like you didn't all know this was coming, it's Eileen, honorable mention to Matty because it's High Fidelity

"Listen, Coop. Last night was really great. You were incredibly romantic and heroic, no doubt about it. And that's great. But I've thought about it, and my thing is this. Andy is really hot. And don't get me wrong, you're cute too, but Andy is like, cut. From marble. He's gorgeous. He has this beautiful face and this incredible body, and I genuinely don't care that he's kinda lame. I don't even care that he cheats on me. And I like you more than I like Andy, Coop, but I'm 16. And maybe it'll be a different story when I'm ready to get married, but right now, I am entirely about sex. I just wanna get laid. I just wanna take him and grab him and fuck his brains out, ya know? So that's where my priorities are right now. Sex. Specifically with Andy and not with you."
-Katie, Wet Hot American Summer

My personal choices are:

"You know Lane, we've been seeing an awful lot of each other lately, and I really think it's in my best interest to date someone a little more popular...better looking...drives a nicer car."
-Beth, Better off Dead

I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. Cannot be corrected. But I have no other way to fulfill my needs...Evelyn, I'm, uh, sorry, I just, uh--You're not terribly important to me.

-Patrick Bateman, American Psycho

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, watching the movie by yourself. Weak. You won't even go see 300 by yourself which would assert your masculinity and make you want to stab someone with a sword, but you'll watch Romeo + Juliet alone? I mean, I know it's a good movie, but c'mon dude. You're better than that.

Nicole Cammorata said...

I don't think it's all that bad to watch a movie alone. Especially with this one, cause I feel like it's easy to get emotionally involved in it. It kinda sucks to have to drive around looking for something for class though. I was looking for movies last week (Jaws and Wet Hot American Summer) and I went to three stores and none of them had them. That sucked. Especially with how expensive gas is. So yeah, I vote for the driving.

Anonymous said...

Although I loved 300, I think seeing that by yourself may be the surest sign you're a closeted homosexual. However, Romeo and Juliet...yeah, that's kinda the same thing, but with kick ass cars and guns. And Augustus Hill in drag and shit instead of a wheelchair.

Wait, what's the fucking question?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

While that movie is pretty damn depressing, I'm gonna go with the driving.
I mean, have you ever been to Long Island?? And for two-and-a-half hours?? God, just shoot me now...

Becca said...

I don't think either is too bad. I mean, you can drive for longer than that just trying to find a parking spot. As for watching the movie alone, at least no one is around during the scene at the party when the young lovers are on either side of the fish tank and you can't help but sigh because it's so damned romantic.