Check out our Sponsors

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Flawed Logic

First: Matty, that is the most illogical answer to a question that you've ever given. No I will not go watch a bunch of half-naked Greeks run around by myself. I will not go to the movies by myself. I'd much rather watch almost any movie by myself in the comfort of my own place than go to the movie theater and be "that guy at the movies by himself."

Alrite, so that said, I just finished the movie, complete with notes for class, and I put away the Bonbons and box of tissues that I was crying into because, well let's face it, it's a sad movie, and it's time for another stupid question.

What is the all-time worst hollywood live action remake of a formerly great cartoon?

Things to consider: You don't necessarily have to have seen any of these movies to be appalled by everything they stand for. Underdog isn't even out yet and I die a little inside every time I think about it.

Yesterday's winner: Becca, because it was the only answer that made me feel better about myself

I don't think either is too bad. I mean, you can drive for longer than that just trying to find a parking spot. As for watching the movie alone, at least no one is around during the scene at the party when the young lovers are on either side of the fish tank and you can't help but sigh because it's so damned romantic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any of the Flintstone movies. I can't even watch the cartoon anymore because John Goodman ruined it for me. And then they had to make Viva Rock Vegas with the WORST Baldwin (and that's saying something) as Barney Rubble. Between the two of them, I can't watch what was one of my all time favorite cartoons anymore. I'd also like to point out the Flintstone Vitamins seem to be rarer than, well, dinosaurs since they made those terrible, terrible movies.

Anonymous said...

Masters of the Universe. How the hell do you cast Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and make it such a completely shitty movie.

They start on another planet, then end up on Earth. What the fuck? This coulda been an all-time kids classic, but they had to go and fuckin ruin it.

I don't remember a ton from 20 years ago, but I remember being very disappointed with this movie, pretty incredible considering that when I was six years old, I loved damn near everything I saw.

Anonymous said...

How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Why oh why did they take a holiday classic and stretch it out to an unbearably long feature with the two biggest over-actors in Hollywood. There isn't even any rhyming. That little albino midget Dakota Fanning ruins everything.

Becca said...

Either Dudley Do-Right or George of the Jungle, both great cartoons made into terrible movies starring Brendan Fraser.

My roommate's vote is for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III.

Anonymous said...

'Scooby-do.'

Freddie Prinze Jr....with bad bleached blonde highlights. AND they made a sequel!
No. Just no.