Check out our Sponsors

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I saw horseshoe crabs having sex this weekend

Yes, on my trip to the Cape this weekend, we walked in on two horseshoe crabs getting down out on the sandbar.

What is the best thing about Shark week on the Discovery Channel?

Last Winner: As much as I love all of these wonderful words, I've gotta give it to Nick with a nod to O-Train who also chose it. Let's face it, I'll say fuck in front of my parents, I'll say shit in front of my parents, and on certain warranted occasions, I'll admit it, I've jokingly called my mom a bitch, but I don't think I would ever say cunt in front of my parents.

With apologies to fuck and motherfucker, words that entered my vocab in about fifth grade and truly changed my life for the better, I have to say 'cunt' is the best profane word in existence.

Fuck still possesses the ability to surprise, but nothing can draw a reaction like dropping cunt somewhere in a conversation. Refer to a woman as a cunt, and you've gone even further than calling her a heinous bitch, you're going for the throat. As the Charlestown Chiefs' Morris Wanchuk eloquently stated about a female soap opera character that had sold a guy's shit out from under him while he was in a coma, "That cunt is no good."

In America, cunt has retained its spot as the least used of the profanities, and it's dirtiness really inspires me. To date, I'd say it's the one profanity I'll ever pause (occasionally) before I say. But my god do I love to say it. The blunt force of cunt rolling off your tongue is a special thrill, especially knowing how destructive it can be.

mmm....cunt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the best thing about shark week? ummm...lets see...EVERYTHING!
Summer television, for lack of better word, blows. But when I'm bored and have nothing to do, there's usually nothing on tv that can truly grab my interest. that is until 'Shark Week.' You're generally garaunteed something juicy. It's like watching 'Jaws' only real and without the bad acting (ok, the cheesy reenactments can be pretty bad, but that just adds the novelty).
Basically, I want to see teeth, blood, and carnage. Mother nature at its most ruthless brutality. Shark Week allows us to remember that we're not that invincible and all powerful, especially in the presence of a great white. shark week ruuuules.

Becca said...

The best thing about Shark Week is when the asshat idiots who decide swimming with deadly sharks is a good idea get their asses attacked. Does it get any better than blatant proof that sharks will always win when it comes to survival of the fittest.

Anonymous said...

After watching it last night, I'd say that "Ocean of Fear" is one of the best shows they've ever had on shark week. If you watched it, you get it. 1200 people on the Indianapolis. 300 go down with the ship. Another 600 die in the ocean, and the sharks eat the dead (and some of the living). It was pretty amazing.

Nicole Cammorata said...

I really loved when they did the MythBusters Jaws Edition, and they went through all the things they shark does in the movies and tested them. I don't know if they're doing something like that again this year, but I really loved it last year. My favorite part was when they tested to see if punching a shark in the nose made it swim away, so they had buster all chummed up in the water punching at the sharks. Then I'm pretty sure Jaime got down there and tried it as well. That was great. Plus I just love the movie Jaws, growing up going to the Vineyard made it that much more interesting. Fish go in the water, SHARK go in the water!