Check out our Sponsors

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fred or George?

How have I not asked this question yet? Flintstones or Jetsons?

Yesterday's winner: I've gotta give it to Matty, although everybody's lists were good.

I'm driving to work on Monday and I'll have the following on my playlist:

More Than a Feeling - Boston
Your Heart is an Empty Room - DCFC
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
I'm Ready - Jack's Mannequin
She Is - They Fray


My top 5 for a Monday morning:

Start it off low key with Jamie Cullum "These are the Days"
Follow that with STP "Days of the Week"
Paul Westerberg "2 Days til Tomorrow" because doesn't everybody feel that way on monday morning?
Foo Fighters "Cold Day in the Sun" the live version off of Skin and Bones not the album cut
Phantom Planet "Lonely Day"
And then if I could have a sixth it would be Blackpool Lights, the song is "This Town's Disaster" which only missed the top five because it didn't have the word "day" in its title.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Jetsons. But only because, as I mentioned before, John Goodman and Billy Baldwin didn't ruin that show for me. Besides that, who wants to have a car that is manually powered when you can fly around in space and have a robot do all your housework? Isn't that called living the dream?

Anonymous said...

Flintstones because Wilma was a fox. Fred was one of the original fat sitcom husbands who gets to bang a woman way too hot for him, thus giving those of us fatasses hope.

Plus, I always found the robot maid to be kind of a bitch.

Nicole Cammorata said...

Okay nerd alert: I always hated the Flintstones because it was completely unrealistic. Cavemen don't have those language skills yet! And dinosaurs never existed with humans! Utter bull-crap. The Jetsons, however, promised us what could be. They had robots to do all their shit for them and their cars were hover-crafts!

Phoebe Sexton said...

I say Flintstones for a number of reasons, but the primary two being (1) the wit behind their name and (2) the Flintstones vitamins were the best effing vitamins I had as a kid -- Dino, the purple one, was my favorite.

Also, the prehistoric "inventions" were way cooler than the stuff on the Jetsons.

And yes Rosie the robot maid was a bitch.

Anonymous said...

So wait, let me get this strait. The laziest person who posted (*cough* cardamone *cough*)doesn't like the robot maid who does all the shit work that no one wants to do? Does anyone else see the irony there?

O-Train said...

I refuse to answer this question and I'm filing a complaint with the Front Office, on behalf of myself and everyone else who answered yesterday (aside from Matty). I feel that given the question, my list was superior to that of the winning entry, and that every other list featured better "Monday songs" than Matty's list.

Phoebe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phoebe said...

for the record:

(1) i agree with o-train completely.
(2) i agree with matty enough to declare it publicly.
(3) i also think that matty doesn't want to live in a technological future but, rather, just wants a wife.
(4) it is 9:05 a.m. on Tuesday and i do not see a new DQOTD, which, coupled with mr. o-train's observations, proves this whole operation is plummeting into the shitter.

but ray, i still love you.

Anonymous said...

What can I say, between Rosie the robot maid and Fran Drescher, I just have no tolerance for the nasally Long Island maids.

They make the Boston accent seem soothing.