Check out our Sponsors

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday, July 26

Vacation related I: Drinking

So here's the deal. I will be out of the country for the next ten days and will thus be incommunicado. Never one to shirk my responsibilities though (that's a boldfaced lie) I have provided for you a series of ten individually dated questions for each day that I will be gone (aka Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic). When I get back (July 5), I will select a winner for each day and post a list with just the names of the winners.

First Installment:

On certain occasions, It's OK to have a chick drink. Like when you're sitting on the beach relaxing. So, what is the best drink to enjoy lounging on the beach?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...Jack and Coke?


I don't really know the chick drinks...do scorpion bowls count? I could totally see myself drinking a giant scorpion bowl while sitting on the beach. It could serve two purposes, it would get me hammered, and if I got a big enough bowl, it could shield people from the disgusting spectacle that is me sitting at a beach.

Mmmmm, a good time for everyone in that scenario.

Anonymous said...

...Anything that comes in a coconut shell with one of those tiny toothpick umbrellas and a crazy straw!

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Becca said...

I don't agree. It is never okay to have a chick drink. Beer for the beach. Go with Corona, that's as girly as you're allowed.

Nicole Cammorata said...

I'm not one for chick drinks either, and I think we all know I could drink Blue Moon morning, noon, and night, but I have to say: there's something magical about a well-made margarita. It's gotta be on the rocks (frozen is just too high-maintenance), with just a dusting of salt (a dusting!) and the finer the salt, the better. I hate when you get a margarita that has salt chunks practically as big as the ice cubes. The most important part of the margarita is definitely the tequila - lime juice - triple sec ratio. It's a magical elixir that I'm still perfecting, but when it's right, it's RIGHT.

Caitlin said...

I'm all about the mojito. It's not really a chick drink...okay maybe just slightly. But it doesn't look like a chick drink. It is clear and contains crushed mint and sometimes a lime. Perfect for beachside sipping or if you perfer, the rocket fuel version from Cheesecake Factory in the middle of your average metropolis.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Miami Vice - half frozen strawberry daiquiri topped with half pina colada. all perfection.