Check out our Sponsors

Thursday, October 25, 2007

When did Steven King just stop trying?

Today's actual question is essentially an extension of the question in the title. I was watching VA Tech hand the game to Boston College and they showed a commercial for the new Steven King movie The Mist. Needless to say it looks horrendous because he can't write worth a damn anymore, but it got me thinking about the opposite of a question I asked a few weeks back:

What is the all time WORST movie based on a piece of writing (Novel, Novella, or Short Story) by Steven King?


Yesterday: I'm going to give it to Martina, because she remembered what I forgot, she remembered to choose a beverage, and she chose beer, and I respect that.

Martina:
Michael Sourdough Sandwich.
Either The chicken pesto with provolone or the regular turkey with eveything.
I know, a sandwich is boring...but I like it simple.
If you've ever been to Michael Sourdough than you know these sandwiches are amazing. If you haven't, just picture heaven in a sandwich. I'd top it off with a beer and a massive slice of chocolate cake. It's the only food that I will drive twenty minutes out of my way to get to. And the bastards are only open on the weekdays so I never have the chance to go.

2 comments:

Nicole Cammorata said...

Absolutely, without a doubt, hands down Christine. Now, to say this movie is awful (which it is) is an understatement. The car has a life of its own, attacks people, and then repairs itself overnight? Okay Mr. King, if you say so. Run out of ideas? That's too bad. Now, with that said, this movie is so awful, that it's in fact hilarious. It's actually a pretty good first date movie to rent when all you want to do is pop in some "scary" movie as an excuse to cuddle and then just start making out once you lose interest.

Becca said...

I've never read any Steven King or seen any movies based on his work, so I'm just gonna back Nicole.