Check out our Sponsors

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

For the champ

Because Nick is such a champ, and because it's been a week since I asked my All-Time Top 5 Joes question and I liked the way that one went, I'm going to ask you all for your all time top five famous/historical Nicks lists. Who are the all-time top 5 famous/historical people named Nick?

Yesterday's: It took me hours to choose a winner. Hours.

Nick:
I think it's definitely about name value.

For example, I think Attorney Barry Feinstein's entire quest in life is to be the most stereotypically Jewish ambulance chaser in the history of the world.

And James Sokolove has a ring that is just perfect for a televised attorney.

My favorite one is one I can't name though. It's the one where the guy who played Baxter Kane (evil owner dude) in Baseketball acts like he is in fact an attorney at law, and all I can think about is him telling Jenny McCarthy that she needs to polish his knob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Nick Hornby - I can't wait to read Slam. My favorite author alive by a wide margin.

2. Nick Efstahiou - A colleague of mine in the Nashua Solid Waste Department. Nick is about 7-8 years older than me with a family. He's a book collector, a World War I buff and a former wild man (like a total druggie and drunk) who turned his life around and is married with kids, and still retains a healthy love of hard rock (we'd end up singing Misfits songs and shit like that...his 6-year-old daughter was obsessed with Rancid). A weird but awesome dude.

3. Nick Nolte - Because of the fucking mugshot picture, maybe the greatest picture ever taken by anyone anywhere.

4. Nick Boynton - He was a solid defenseman for the Bs, and a guy who was more than willing to drop the gloves and stick up for his teammates. I just wish he didn't suck now.

5. Dr. Nick Riviera - "HI EVERYBODY"
"Hi Dr. Nick"

Nicole Cammorata said...

1. St. Nick - Santa Claus, the holiday Nick.

2. Nikki Cox - model and actress, hot Nik.

3. Nick Hornby - High Fidelity, writerly Nick.

4. Nick Cardamone - the champ, our Nick.

5. Nick - in time, "Just in the" Nick