Check out our Sponsors

Friday, October 12, 2007

Olaf Kolzig is going to win the Vezina this year

That has nothing to do with tonight's question, but I'm watching the Rangers game and damn, he looks solid. Anyway, what is the most overrated cuisine in the world? Not a meal or anything like that, but an actual type of food (for example you could say "Italian food is the most overrated food in the world because..." but I wouldn't recommend that as an answer, because I will come to your home and cause you severe bodily harm, maybe even kick your dog on my way out).

Yesterday's: I gotta give it to Nicky, I happen to believe that Bert and Ernie were the Jay and Silent Bob (or the Timmy and Joe) of Sesame Street. Honorable mention to the radiant Becca Chao for actually having said that to Joe and Timmy one drunken night.

Nick:
They are the Joseph Rouse and Timothy Knauf of Sesame Street.

Hetero-lifemates.

Becca:
Nick stole my answer. In fact, I clearly remember asking Joe where is rubber ducky went and why Timmy didn't have a unibrow anymore during one drunken night at 728.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Indian (with the dot, not the feather). That stuff is rank, and yet hoity toity people always seem to think going for Indian food is somehow chic and trendy.

Anonymous said...

French. It's considered a delicacy, but who really wants to eat frog legs? Also, the best French food (French toast, French fries, etc) isn't even French, it's American. French food is just smelly and kind of gross.

Anonymous said...

To add to Matty's "French," don't forget escargot. Nothing like sucking chunks of rubberbands out of a shell.

However, I'm probably going to go with sushi, which I love, but seriously: raw fish. They don't even take the time to cook it! How hard can it be to catch a salmon, cut a chunk out of its side, and roll it in some rice? That's not cuisine, that's just plain laziness.

Anonymous said...

Mexican or Thai.
It's not that these cuisines don't taste good, it's the fact that everytime after eating these foods I just want to go to go home and rock myself back and forth in the bathroom for a couple hours. If my stomach could talk it would say, "You fucking cunt! I hate you! Why did you eat that!?" (yes, my stomache swears). Not to mention the really bad gas your going to have all night. Maybe Italians just have really sensitive stomaches. And I'm sorry, but pad thai is gross.

side note..while the french do suck at life, their food is pretty amazing. I could survive off of brie and a baguette any day. People in france don't actually eat frogs legs and escargot, they only serve it at pretentious restaurants where tourists go. (hey, that rhymed). And lets not forget french pastries...because they are AMAZING.

Anonymous said...

Anything other than Italian*, because we are better at it than everyone else.

They should've all tried to learn from us instead of making their own shit. Perfect our stuff, and everyone will be better off for it.

*Soul food/American gets a pass, because ribs, chicken, burgers, dogs and the line are alright with me.