Check out our Sponsors

Monday, October 15, 2007

A question about lawyers

We've all seen the commercials on TV for the law firms with catchy sounding names that specialize in personal injury and class action suits, and sometimes they have not only catchy names but catchy Acronyms and thus catchy 1-800 Numbers that almost make you want to call even if you haven't developed cancer due to the negligent use of asbestos, or twisted your ankle and sprained your wrist on a slurpee that some convenience store clerk didn't clean up. My question for you is this: Do those law firms choose their partners based solely on name so as to have a catchy sounding commercial, or do they take ability and experience into account as well?

Friday's: Sorry. I got lazy there for a bit. Had a lot going on this weekend. Anyway, based solely on strength of answer, I've gotta give it to Martina. Even though I love all Mexican food (which is basically all just a variation of the same ingredients wrapped up differently) and enjoy pad thai, she had the best answer. Also, I personally happen to enjoy Indian food as well as both frogs legs and escargot, but that could just be because I'm a pretentious fuck. Nickie gets an honorable mention for playing to my ethnic sensibilities.

Martina:
Mexican or Thai.
It's not that these cuisines don't taste good, it's the fact that everytime after eating these foods I just want to go to go home and rock myself back and forth in the bathroom for a couple hours. If my stomach could talk it would say, "You fucking cunt! I hate you! Why did you eat that!?" (yes, my stomache swears). Not to mention the really bad gas your going to have all night. Maybe Italians just have really sensitive stomaches. And I'm sorry, but pad thai is gross.

side note..while the french do suck at life, their food is pretty amazing. I could survive off of brie and a baguette any day. People in france don't actually eat frogs legs and escargot, they only serve it at pretentious restaurants where tourists go. (hey, that rhymed). And lets not forget french pastries...because they are AMAZING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's definitely about name value.

For example, I think Attorney Barry Feinstein's entire quest in life is to be the most stereotypically Jewish ambulance chaser in the history of the world.

And James Sokolove has a ring that is just perfect for a televised attorney.

My favorite one is one I can't name though. It's the one where the guy who played Baxter Kane (evil owner dude) in Baseketball acts like he is in fact an attorney at law, and all I can think about is him telling Jenny McCarthy that she needs to polish his knob.