Check out our Sponsors

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Cartoons on the brain

Even though I'm morally opposed to live-action remakes of classic cartoons (as well as live-action versions of Dr. Seuss books, although that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on this question), I have to ask this one because I think it's a good question and because, quite frankly, I don't have another question to ask for tonight.

Who would you cast as the main characters for a live action Jetsons movie?

Things to consider: This movie is likely to suck, so keep that in mind when choosing your cast because you'll either have to make up for the awfulness of the movie with big names and pretty faces, or embrace the awfulness and cast terrible actors and actresses accordingly; Haley Joel Osment is too old to play Elroy; there will need to be a voice over for Astro; there is the slim possibility of a Judy Jetson nude scene if it will help boost ticket sales.

Yesterday's: Matty, because he's right, Madden does seem like the tender type.

This is an easy one. I hate Joe Buck. He deserves to die for being a terrible broadcaster, liking the Yankees, AND tarnishing his father's good name. Now this is where it gets tricky. I feel like Barry and I would have a lot to talk about since we both love hockey, but I don't think he'd treat me as good as Madden would. Barry would probably go out and cheat on you. You can't trust a guy with a mullet, but you can pretend their a woman, so I'd fuck Melrose. That leaves me with John Madden to come home to every night. He would make me turduckin for Christmas and drive me to work in his bus. Plus, he's way famous and you'd get the new Madden game free every year. Sure he's annoying, but you could just nod your head and say "OK, John" and go back to whatever you were doing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

George - Will Ferrell. He's not a dramatic actor, which means he doesn't have to worry about this movie ruining his career, and he's hilarious. Perfect fit.

Elroy - Vern Troyer. Because midgets are always hilarious, especially when they play small children.

Judy - Hillary Duff. If we're talking about a possible nude scene, I don't think there's another actress young enough to play Judy that I would want to see. Even if there isn't one, any time I can stare at Hillary Duff for 2 hours is a good time.

Jane - Naomi Watts. She's a great actress, but I feel like she'd be the token "person in a bad movie who tries to save it by over acting and fails miserably" making the movie worse in the process. At any rate, she's nice to look at.

Rosie - Angela Lansbury. She's got that old woman cheekiness about her that makes me think she would be perfect.

Astro - A REAL FUCKING DOG. I cannot stress enough how important it would be to me that they Astro isn't ruined the way Dino was in the Flintstones or Scooby Doo in either of those movies. I'd rather he didn't talk than have him be a crappy CGI effect for a cheap movie.

All star cast aside, this movie would go over like a fart in church, but wouldn't be as bad as Alexander which was the equivalent of running up to the alter and farting in the priest's face in the middle of mass.

O-Train said...

I am convinced that this cast would create a box office smash:

George - Steve Carrell

Jane - Halle Berry

Elroy - Jaden Smith (Will Smith's son)

Judy - Vanessa Hudgens

Rosie - Aretha Franklin

Astro - Tracy Morgan/Norm MacDonald

Mr. Spacely - Tony Cox

Anonymous said...

So, according to Cardamone, apparently this is an alternate universe where the Jetsons are black?

O-Train said...

First, I am not Cardamone.

Second, Matty, you are racist. It's unfortunate that some people see things in black and white.

As the late Bobby Kennedy said, "Some men see things as they are and ask 'Why?' I dream of things that never were and ask, 'Why not?'"