Check out our Sponsors

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

nobody else ever had breakfast for dinner?

Well fuck you guys then. I'm gonna have Nick over for Freedom Toast (because DQD is a patriotic web site) and none of you are invited.

Speaking of being patriotic, what is the biggest political blunder in US History?

Yesterday's: Nick is the self proclaimed Bill Belichick of DQD. I'd accuse him of stealing signals from other people to get an edge, but who would he be stealing them from?

Nick:
French Toast. Basically because that's what my dad would make whenever my mom wasn't home to make dinner for the night when I was growing up. The man makes a solid french toast.

I subscribe to Mitch Hedberg's description of pancakes, "At first you're all excited, but by the end, you're fuckin sick of em.", and eggs never did the trick for me.

Cereal works too, but that loses it's novelty when you're 26 and eating cereal because you're too poor to go grocery shopping and you can't cook shit beyond Annie's mac and cheese anyway.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I don't know. I'm just sick of Nick being the only one answering.

Anonymous said...

Vietnam. Iraq is divisive and bad, but the national and international turmoil that Vietnam caused will be hard to replicate. Becoming involved in the first place was a bad idea, but as soon as we invaded Cambodia it was all downhill from there. There was no reason for us to be there in the first place and caused irreparable damage to our international reputation. The blow to the national pysche was bad enough, but the after effects have been worse than Eric Lindros's post concussion syndrome.

Nicole Cammorata said...

Electing President Bush for two terms. I'd say that was a pretty big political blunder on the part of the public. I voted for Kerry, too bad the majority didn't.

Anonymous said...

It's funny...I'm liberal, but I kind of hate the Democratic Party. It continually churns out these shitty Presidential candidates (Gore - I wrote in McCain, Kerry - I voted for Kerry, and then sighed because I didn't think he was all that great) and doesn't even manage to fight all that well. Basically, the party as a whole is a bunch of pussies. Too bad 98% of the Republican Party is pure evil, and god knows we don't want that. I mean...this is a party that supports, wholeheartedly, the idea that George Bush was a better leader than John McCain. It's truly incredible.

As for the biggest political blunder, I'm gonna go back to Nixon sending guys into the Watergate Hotel. He was gonna win, there was no doubt, and yet he couldn't help himself because he was just a devious control freak. Asshole killed his own career without it being necessary.

(Also, I chose this over any wars, because I think wars are blunders that transcend politics...many of them are blunders of humanity, on both sides...also, Matty took Vietnam).

Politics, and politicians suck. All of em. They're blood suckers more concerned with the next election than doing anything right. Anarchy in the US.