Check out our Sponsors

Monday, September 10, 2007

the fooooose-ball is evil

What is the best thing about football season?

Yesterday's: You all bring up some interesting points, i usually watch south park, and like nick i very rarely listen to an entire album anymore either, but I'm going to answer my own question and declare myself winner anyway.

5. The Lemonheads - It's a Shame About Ray
Self indulgent? Yes. But I think it's a shame when I wake up and have to pay the penalty for my self-destructive lifestyle.
4. The Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy
so mellow, it might actually be better when you're hungover than when you're not
3. Chris Isaak - Baja Sessions
Also a phenomenal album to listen to on the beach, or while hooking up with someone
2. Pete Yorn - Music for the Morning After
The name says it all.
1. Elliott Smith - Either/Or
I really want to post the entire lyrics for the song "Say Yes," the last song on the album, as an argument, so I will.


I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl
Who's still around the morning after
We broke up a month ago and I grew up I didn't know
I'd be around the morning after
It's always been wait and see
A happy day and then you pay
And feel like shit the morning after
But now I feel changed around and instead falling down
I'm standing up the morning after
Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later
And I could be another fool or an exception to the rule
You tell me the morning after
Crooked spin cant come to rest
I'm damaged bad at best
She'll decide what she wants
I'll probably be the last to know
No one says until it shows and you see how it is
They want you or they don't
Say yes
I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl
Who's still around the morning after

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn man, I just love those Sundays sitting on the couch, watching the early games and watching the incredible combo of size, speed and violence come together in this amazingly athletic way.

The fact that from 1 pm till about 11:30 pm, there's about an hour of time during the day when there's not a game going on, and you can just sit there and watch these guys sacrifice a lot in order to win game sis pretty incredible.

Plus, when football season starts, it means you're that much closer to hockey season starting and the beginning of the baseball playoffs. It's one of the best times of year.

Unknown said...

The wings...

...and the crisp autumn air

Nicole Cammorata said...

Boys suddenly leave you alone, cause they have a place to be a couple nights a week.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Nicole...you sure don't have to worry about us then, huh? Real peaceful Saturdays and Sundays and such, hehehehe.