Check out our Sponsors

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Spectacular

What is the all-time best war movie ever produced?

Things to consider: I'm not even going to touch this one, just go at it.

Yesterday's: It is by far the worst movie I've ever seen. I laughed, I cried, I wasted three hours of my life and tried to stab myself with a pen 15 minutes into the movie. I've gotta give it to Matty.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. My vote for unintentionally hilarious goes to Alexander. Yes it was crappy. But think about it, how many times have we laughed about how overdone everything was and how ridiculous it was top to bottom. It was 3 hours of life I want back, but it was hilarious in its awfulness (awfulocity?)

4 comments:

jaybruzz said...

In the so bad it's good category, i have to go with The Thin Red Line. Somehow that movie made war on the pacific islands both boring and overly introspective.

I'd go with Saving Private Ryan. The battle scenes are second to none, it's not all preachy like Full Metal Jacket and Platoon, and it earns its introspective moments.

Becca said...

Unrelated sidenote:

Thanks to Kimmy Chao, I will be snacking on a sandwich of last night's leftover supper during my trip back to North Dakota tonight.

Yes, I will be having Steaks On A Plane.

I'll let you know if anyone tells me to get the motherf*ckin steaks off his motherf*ckin plane.

O-Train said...

Hands down: Saving Private Ryan. Every time I see that opening scene, I find myself saying "holy sh*t" at the fact that real men ran up the shores of Normandy in those conditions and paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Does the TV M*A*S*H count? I don’t even care. I vote M*A*S*H. Maybe my judgment is clouded, since I am a medical tv show junkie and just find Alan Alda to be oh so amusing. But seriously, this medical drama/black comedy of the Korean war gave fascinating insight to a surgical unit. The insane jokes and idiotic pranks on the show were realistic and hilarious. Plus the series finale, after 11 years, is still to this day the most-watched television episode in U.S. television history. Come on anyone who makes their own gin and wine while stationed in Korea is a champ in my book.