Check out our Sponsors

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Apologies again

My wireless and my computer have both been a bit finicky lately. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm feeling kinda simple tonight. As the seasons change and it starts to get a bit chilly outside, let's go with all time top 5 songs (because I know no one listens to albums anymore) for walking down a lightly snow covered street in the winter. I know it's not technically winter yet, but it's about that time of the year when I start thinking about the mountains and getting some snowboarding in and such.

Winner from whenever: I'm going to give it to Becca because that really would just make the world a much better place.

Becca:
Stephen Colbert would clone himself and appoint himself to every seat in the cabinet.

7 comments:

Phoebe said...

(1) River - Joni Mitchell
(2) Long December - Counting Crows
(3) Christmas Time Is Here - Charlie Brown crew
(4) Baby It's Cold Outside - Leon Redbone and Zoe Daschel (version from the movie Elf)
(5) All I Want for Christmas is You - Maria Carey (shut up all of you, this was endeared to me in "Love Actually" and you know the lyrics are poignant and that it makes you giddy when you listen to it...don't lie or you'll end up on the naughty list.)

General idea of the flow: some sad bastard music to mourn the loss of summer & sunshine which gradually transitions to "oh, wait, that means Christmas is soon and people will give me presents and hugs and kisses and love."

Anonymous said...

5)Crystal Ball - Keane
4)Look After You - The Fray
3)Blizzard of 77 - Nada Surf
2)Blacking Out the Friction - Death Cab for Cutie
1)Home - Foo Fighters

I feel like all of these somehow capture the mood and beauty of a crisp winter morning. One of my favorite things about BU was the days when you would walk out to a bright blue sky and a light frost. You put in your iPod and there are invariably those songs that you feel like you just have to listen to that day. That is one of the things I will never forget and one of the many things I love about Boston and BU. If I was going to make that walk right now, these songs would have to be in a playlist to throw on for the walk to class.

Becca said...

When it comes to music, Phoebe is always right. I learned that a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

So I know I'm late, but Pheobe locked this one down. And I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going home tonight to make that exact playlist. And then play in the six inches that's supposed to fall tonight!

Anonymous said...

So I know I'm late, but Pheobe locked this one down. And I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going home tonight to make that exact playlist. And then play in the six inches that's supposed to fall tonight!

Anonymous said...

damn technology making me look like an ass

Anonymous said...

damn technology making me look like an ass